- You are here:
Active controllers should be able to use all functions of IVAC, and have read the manual thoroughly.
All controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information:
- Position name should be the position callsign only. Ex: Jeddah Approach not King Abdulaziz International Approach.
- Voice channel (if applicable)
- Weather should be METAR. No need for If applicable that because this information is mandatory and required all the time.
- Necessary information only. For example: Closed and blocked runway, Approach procedure in use for Approach control only, like : Expect ILS APP
More about controlling in Saudi Arabia
- The communication languages used in Saudi Arabia airspace English as primary language and Arabic only if ATC and Pilot can speak it.
- All controllers must use standard SA phraseology at all times.
- When available controllers should read, and understand the appropriate airport/Airspace procedures before logging on.
- If you should have any doubts please don't hesitate to contact the FIR chief, or AOC if there is no chief.
- Controllers are required to have all applicable charts available while on duty (for centre controllers this can be quite a bunch).
Visiting controllersThe Saudi Arabian Division welcomes all IVAO members regardless of their division to come and control in the SA, but we expect them to comply with all procedures just like any SA Air Traffic Controller.
Also we recommend you contact The Training Department directly on: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourselves.
We reserve the right to ask you to close your position if you do not respect the Division procedures.