- You are here:
Active controllers should be able to use all functions of IVAC, and have read the manual thoroughly.
All controllers must maintain their ATIS with the following information:
- Position name (Full name, not ICAO code. e.g. (King Fahad Intl. Airport Approach), not OEDF_APP)
- Voice channel (if applicable)
- Weather / runway information / TA/TL (if applicable)
- No Unnecessary remarks in the Remarks section
More About ATC on Saudi Arabia
- The language used for aviation in the SA is english and must be used at all times English and Arabic.
- All controllers must use standard SA phraseology at all times.
- When available controllers should read, and understand the appropriate airport/sector procedures before logging on.
- If you should have any doubts please don't hesitate to contact the FIR chief, or AOC if there is no chief.
- Controllers are required to have all applicable charts available while on duty (for centre controllers this can be quite a bunch).
- Controllers must make proper use of all data tag labels (F5 = cleared waypoint, F7 = cleared speed, and F8 = cleared altitude) when handing-off to adjacent sectors.
- We highly recommend you use these functions at all times, unless you prefer using the paper flight strips available in the downloads section.
Visiting controllersThe Saudi Arabian Division welcomes all IVAO members regardless of their division to come and control in the SA, but we expect them to comply with all procedures just like any SA Air Traffic Controller.
Also we recommend you contact our staff (if online) to introduce yourselves. We reserve the right to ask you to close your position if you do not respect the Division procedures.